A Neutral Evaluation is an inspection of a property, generally with a specific issue that is being disputed. The dispute is generally between a homeowner and builder, a homeowner and an insurance company, or a tenant and landlord but of course there are other circumstances as well.
The Structure's prides themselves on unbiased inspections making us the ideal engineering firm to handle any neutral evaluation.
Neutral Evaluation Scope of Work:
1. Research of the property in question using the relevant municipal websites accessible online, such as permits;
2. Site visit by P.E. to inspect;
3. Verbal explanation of the diagnosis and recommendations provided by the P.E. at the end of the site visit;
4. Signed and sealed report produced by the P.E. and delivered in pdf format* within 72 hours will include:
- A description of the property and reason for the inspection,
- A thorough written explanation of the diagnosis and findings,
- Technical (including dimensions, instructions, and material costs) repair recommendations if any structural defects are found.
If it is determined (by the property owner) at the time of inspection that Construction Drawings may be needed for permitting, contracting, or for the homeowner's use, then site data can be collected at that time.
*Hard copy mailed or delivered upon request (cost for postage and handling).