Our Roof Certification inspections are a thorough inspection of the roof to determine the condition and remaining life of the roof.
Some possible reasons for needing a Roof Certification:
- Requirement by insurance company for renewal or obtaining policy.
Florida Statute § 627.7011(5) prohibits insurance carriers from refusing to insure a home with a roof that is less than 15 years old solely because of the age of the roof. If the roof is at least 15 years old, and the carrier requires the replacement of the roof to issue or renew the policy, the homeowner can have a roof inspection paid for by the homeowner. The insurer is prohibited from refusing to issue a policy solely because of the age of the roof if the inspector determines that the roof has 5 or more years of useful life left.
- To satisfy an appraisal for FHA or VA home loans;
- Homeowner concerned with the possible moisture intrusion in the attic;
- To verify a contractor's recommendations or to ensure proper construction/installation by a contractor.
Roof Certification Scope of Service:
1. Research of the property in question using the relevant municipal websites accessible online, such as permits;
2. Site visit by P.E. to inspect the roof;
3. Verbal explanation of the diagnosis and recommendations provided by the P.E. at the end of the site visit;
4. Signed and sealed report produced by the P.E. and delivered in pdf format* within 24 hours.
*Hard copy mailed or delivered upon request (cost for postage and handling).