Structural Inspections & Certifications
Our Structural Inspections & Structural Certifications are a thorough structural inspection of the entire property with respect to the ideal conditions for the structure(s) at the property. With our vast experience in all eras of Florida construction we will be able to provide invaluable information about the present and future requirements and expectations of the property as well as insightful knowledge about the property's past.
Some possible reasons for needing a Structural Inspection or Structural Certification:
- Real estate transaction where a home inspection has identified structural issues (cracks, cut trusses, termite damage, etc);
- To satisfy an appraisal for FHA or VA home loans;
- Homeowner concerns with the structural soundness of their home (due to cracks, floor sloping, moisture intrusion, etc.);
- A homeowner who would like to optimize their property for ideal living conditions, to minimize property maintenance, maximize property value, and preserve their real estate;
- To verify a contractor's recommendations or to ensure proper construction/installation by a contractor.
Structural Inspection & Structural Certification Scope of Service:
1. Research of the property in question using the relevant municipal websites accessible online, such as permits;
2. Site visit by P.E. to inspect;
3. Verbal explanation of the diagnosis and recommendations provided by the P.E. at the end of the site visit;
4. Signed and sealed report produced by the P.E. and delivered in pdf format* within 24 hours** will include:
- A description of the property and reason for the inspection,
- A thorough written explanation of the diagnosis and findings,
- Technical (including dimensions, instructions, and material costs) repair recommendations if any structural defects are found.
If it is determined (by the property owner) at the time of inspection that Construction Drawings may be needed for permitting, contracting, or for the homeowner's use, then site data can be collected at that time.
*Hard copy mailed or delivered upon request (cost for postage and handling).
**Exceptions for research time rarely may be necessary and would be discussed and agreed upon at the end of the site visit.